Despite the cold, rainy weather, we went to our Zoo Members Mother's Day brunch and enjoyed a tasty, hasty breakfast.
After the zoo, Leo was dedicated at our church. The ceremony was very nice. He was presented with a red rose with the thorns removed, to symbolize his innocence. The congregation promised to protect him on his spiritual journey, and the minister dipped the rose into water and touched it to his forehead while presenting him to the church. He was given a certificate and a book, and the children's choir sang "What a Wonderful World." It was so touching.
Take 1...
Take 2...
Third time's a charm!
We had some lunch, and Leo and I took a nap while Vinny prepared dinner. Leo had cereal and a bath and we put him to bed, and then we enjoyed shrimp and scallop scampi and strawberry shortcake.
Leo and his daddy got me a spa treatment - all in all, a lovely day.
3 comments:
Congratulations to Leo! It sounds like such a beautiful ceremony. I wish we could have been there, but hopefully we'll be at his next dedication when he is a teenager.
I really enjoyed going to your church service. I JU will give you all much love, spiritual support, and the ability to help make the world a better place throughout the years.
Love you all!
What a great day to celebrate - Leo'd dedication and Mother's Day together on the same day.
You are such a beautiful family!
Post a Comment