Monday, January 19, 2009

A Day at the Zoo...

Whew! We had an exciting (and somewhat exhausting!) afternoon. We decided to take advantage of the 60 degree (but windy) weather and take Leo and E, the 5th grade boy we mentor, to the zoo.

Unbeknownst to us, today was Zoo Free Day! Guess what that means?! The zoo was a zoo! We had to park a mile away to get in. There must have been 10,000 people in the zoo, and 2,000+ of them had strollers. People were elbow-to-elbow, tons of kids running into each other and babies screaming. Vinny pointed out that our trip must make us the most ambitious new parents in history. "Ambitious" wasn't the word I was thinking, but we'll go with it.

We weren't sure if we wanted to stroll it up or break in our new Belle Baby Carrier, so we had both. As a sidenote: I am becoming a baby wearing maniac! We now have 4 different selections when it comes to baby wearing!

It was difficult to get any good photos where we weren't swarmed by other people, but here we are kind of hiding in the trees, Leo enjoying the Belle.



And here's Leo and I - can you find the tiger? Or the baby?


1 comment:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

E has gotten tall! You've been having some nice weather out there lately.

I can only imagine how crowded the zoo was!

Leo looks comfortable in the Belle carrier. I bet that was easier to use than the stroller with all the crowds.